I'm a title. Click here to edit me.
Melior New Model Melior Type 2
Henri Rosier’s patents 1907, were used to produce The Jieffeco and Melior. The Melior resembles a Browning 1899 and 1900. The identical pistols could be marked either Jieffeco and Melior.
The Melior was produced in two calibres 7.65 (32acp) and 7.35 (25acp). There were 4 models with differences in sights, grip, slide and proofmarks. This is model no 2. The pistol was produced by the Robar and DeKerkhove, in Liege, Belgium. from 1921. The company going into receivership in 1957
The breech block incorporates the firing pin, firing pin spring, cocking indicator, and extractor.
breech block is held in the slide by a dovetailed transverse locking piece fixed to the slide by a spring-loaded lever which also serves as the rear sight. Grip Safety
Melior history dates back to the 1880’s wit patents being registed around the world by Robar & Companie, Belgium. Improvenments in designs to existing patents are still used in modern handguns
Inclusion of Grip safety
Kimber 1911 Southern Cross
The Kimber 1911 is based of the Colt M1911 handgun first issued in 1912. The Colt 1911, used the Browning Patent.
The Kimber Southern cross 1911 is a full sized, limited edition pistol is an Australian market exclusive and features a striking sapphire blue slide with the stars of the southern cross engraved across the front along with selected sapphire blue furniture. It also features blue/black ball-milled G-10 thin grips and an exclusive
This Kimber 1911 only 100 produced Australia logo on the top of the slide.
The metal colouring process is called PDV this was used specifically for the Southern Cross Model.
An Australian, Jack Warne moved to Oregon in 1968 after Portland-based Omar Industries purchased the Australian firearms manufacturer, Sporting Arms (or Sportco), he had founded in Adelaide, South Australia, following World War II.
Iver Johnson Second Model
The company's name changed again to Iver Johnson's Arms & Cycle Works in 1891, when the company relocated to Fitchburg, Massachusetts, (sometimes incorrectly referred to as "Fitzburg") in order to have better and larger manufacturing facilities. The company attracted a number of talented immigrant machinists and designers to its ranks, including O.F. Mossberg and Andrew Fyrberg, who would go on to invent the company's top-latching strap mechanism and the Hammer-the-Hammertransfer bar safety system used on the company's popular line of top-break safety revolvers.
Harrington and Richardson Premier Second Variation
H&R 1871, LLC, or more commonly known as Harrington & Richardson, is an American brand of firearms The original H&R firm was in business for over a century from 1871 to 1986.
Frank Wesson, brother of Daniel B. Wesson who co-founded Smith & Wesson, started a firearms manufacturing firm in 1859, sharing an early patent with Nathan Harrington. Wesson produced two trigger rifles and spur trigger pistols and pocket rifles/shotguns popular for short length holster models such as the discontinued topper compact pocket shotguns. He started a brief partnership in 1871 with his nephew Gilbert Henderson Harrington, as Wesson & Harrington, until Harrington bought him out in 1874.
In 1875 Harrington and another former Wesson employee, William Augustus Richardson, formed the new Harrington & Richardson Company. In 1888 the firm was incorporated as The Harrington & Richardson Arms Company. Their original capital investment was $75,000. Harrington was president, Richardson was treasurer, and George F. Brooks was secretary. After the deaths of Harrington and Richardson in 1897, Brooks became the manager and the company was held by heirs Edwin C. Harrington (Gilbert Harrington's son) and Mary A. Richardson (William Richardson's wife).
In 1894 the company opened a new facility on Park Avenue in Worcester, Massachusetts. The factory was expanded again after a few years. Original rifles and shotguns from these dates are scarce because of their limited production and discontinued parts.
In 1950 the company opened a new facility on Cockburn street in Drummondville, Québec, Canada.
A new company, H&R 1871, Inc., was formed in 1991 and started production of revolvers, single-shot rifles and shotguns using original H&R designs. H&R 1871, Acquired by Marlin Firearms Company in November 2000. H&R 1871, LLC.
Marlin, including all its H&R assets, was later acquired by Remington Arms Company in December, 2007. Remington Outdoor Company. H&R 1871 production ceased 27 February 2015 and sold to JJE Capital Holdings, LLC.
CZ 75 9mm Sub Compact
The CZ 75 is a semi-automatic pistol made by Czechfirearm manufacturer ČZUB. First introduced in 1975, it is one of the original "wonder nines" and features a staggered-column magazine, all-steel construction, and a hammer forgedbarrel. It is widely distributed throughout the world and is the most common handgun in the Czech Republic.
The CZ 75 is a short recoil operated, locked breech pistol. It uses the Browning linkless cam locking system similar to that used in the Browning Hi-Power pistol, where the barrel and slide are locked together on firing, using locking lugs milled into the barrel mating with recesses in the roof of the slide. An enclosed cam track integral with the barrel is actuated by the slide release lever's transverse pin. After the first few millimetres of the recoil stroke, the barrel is cammed downwards at the rear, enabling the slide to continue the recoil stroke and eject the spent cartridge,
The CZ 75 is considered one of the one of the first Wonder Nine handguns Referring to the Calibre 9mm. most models have double-action/single action triggers and feature a frame-mounted manual safety. This allows the CZ 75 to be carried with the hammer cocked with safety applied and a round chambered, ready for use simply by switching the safety off, a configuration known.
The pistol uses a unique design with internal slide groves.
The Cz 75 was so successful multiple Variations were produced.
CZ 75 Compact
A standard CZ 75 with a slightly shortened grip and 3.75-inch barrel. The original versions is all steel action. First produced 1993
The CZ has been used around the world by Police and Military. CZ 75 was used by Qld Police Tactical Response Group in 1985. (now sert)
Bayard 1908 Second Variation
The Bayard 1908 is a semi-automatic pistol that patented and designed by Belgian Bernard Clarus in 1907 as a short-range self-defense handgun. The Bayard 1908 was sold on the civilian market, chambered in .25 ACP, .32 ACP, and .380 ACP. The Belgian factory Anciens Etablissements Pieper produced it from 1908 until the late 1930s. Smith and Wessonengineers reintroduced the design of the Bayard 1908 in their Model 61 pistol, which ran in production from 1970-1973.
The Model 1908 was first available in 7.65mm and .380 (9mm) Bayard Pocket Pistol.
Henri Pieper was a prolific arms manufacturer in Belgium He held 69 Patents for firearms and other inventions. The Pieper line went of to become part of FN Herstal
Bayard (June 9, 1892); Eagle Gun Works, E.Leroy, Modified Diana, P crowned, H.Pieper, Diane, The Leader, Bayard Arms C°, Pieper Arms C°, Premier Arms C°, Damascus Compound, National Arms C°, Henry Arms C°, Royal Gun Works, Le Rationnel (January 4, 1894); Pieper Top Bolt, Schutz Marke, E-K, Eclipse Company, Metropole, Pieper' S Compressed Steel, Monarch Arms C° (of 1894 to 1898)
Register to the proof house of Liège : 1877 - 1898.
Arms produced during the German occupation held the German Eagle proof in place of the Belgian marks. Pieper produced 2 variations with only minute differences
In the course of time Pieper will be enabled, it is declared, also to handle large military rifle orders
Webley Bulldog Clone DRESSE-LALOUX & Co
The design of the British Bull Dog revolver had been in existence since 1868, but Henry Webley registered the trademark in 1878. From that time to the present, the term has come to mean any short barrelled double-action revolver with a swing-out ejector rod and a short grip.121
Intended to be carried in a coat pocket, many have survived to the present day in good condition, having seen little actual usePl The design originated in 1868 for the Webley Royal Irish Constabulary (RIC) model revolver and was manufactured as late as 1917_[41
A version made by Webley, but finished by Belfast-based gunmaker, Joseph Braddell, known as the Ulster Bull Dog, used a longer grip frame than the standard, making the revolver easier to control and shoot_l2l[SJ
Numerous copies and variants of this design (authorized and unauthorized) were made in Belfast, Belgium, Gennany, Spain, Pakistan, France and the United States during the late 19th century_[?] American copies were manufactured by the fims of Forehand & Wadsworth, Iver Johnson and Harrington & Richardson. Belgian and
American versions (aka: Frontier Bulldogs) were chambered for the .44 S&W American or .442 Webley cartridges.[51 The .44 Bull Dog was a popular American cartridge that was a shorter and less powerful cartridge that could also be fired from .442 Webley caliber revolvers. In 1973 Charter Arms introduced their Bulldog revolver. It is a five shot snub nose that is designed for concealed carry or a backup gun. It was named in honour of the original but does not share a design.
DRESSE-LALOUX & Co
Bee carrying letters DL on the wings: mark of factory of company DRESSE-LALOUX & Co, street on the Fountain, 47 in LIEGE. Mark deposited the 28.01.1881. Wer
Webley RIC 1st Issue Second Model
The Webley RIC (Royal Irish Constabulary) model was Webley's first double-action revolver, and adopted by the RIC in 1868, hence the name.
It was a solid frame, gate-loaded revolver, chambered in .442 Webley. General George Armstrong Custer was known to have owned a pair, which he is believed to have used at the Battle of the Little Bighorn in 1876.
A small number of early examples were produced in the huge .500 Tranter calibre, and later models were available chambered for the .450 Adams and other cartridges.
Introduced in 1867 this revolver was adopted the following year by the Royal Irish Constabulary (RIC) and from then on was known as the RIC model. It was purchased by many colonial police forces and became famous all over the world and remained in production for nearly 60 years. A 6 shot solid frame revolver with 4.5 inch ovate barrel, plain cylinder, side loading gate and swivel ejector rod on the RHS and one piece walnut grip with lanyard ring. It was initially made in .442 calibre, but also later in a range of British (.320 to .476) and American calibres (.45 Colt and .44 UMC).
On the first pattern of RIC the ejector rod was housed in a collar that swivelled around the barrel,
Second Pattern in the late 1870s this was changed to a swivel screwed to the front of the frame and the rod has an acorn shaped end.
A further change was introduced in 1881 with the adoption of the Enfield Mk II cartridge (.476), this included a fluted chamber and was designated RIC No 1 New Model.
Given the serial number is 567 suggests that this revolver was made in the first year of production.
Webley No 2
The design of the British Bull Dog revolver had been in existence since 1868, but Henry Webley registered the trademark in 1878. From that time to the present, the term has come to mean any short barrelled double-action revolver with a swing-out ejector rod and a short grip
A version made by Webley, but finished by Belfast-based gunmaker, Joseph Braddell, known as the Ulster Bull Dog, used a longer grip frame than the standard, making the revolver easier to control and shoot.
Numerous copies and variants of this design (authorized and unauthorized) were made in Belfast, Belgium, Germany, Spain, Pakistan, France and the United States during the late 19th century. American copies were manufactured by the firms of Forehand & Wadsworth, Iver Johnsonand Harrington & Richardson. Belgian and American versions (aka: Frontier Bulldogs) were chambered for the .44 S&W American or .442 Webley cartridges. The .44 Bull Dogwas a popular American cartridge that was a shorter and less powerful cartridge that could also be fired from .442 Webley caliber revolvers. In 1973 Charter Armsintroduced their Bulldog revolver. It is a five shot snub nose that is designed for concealed carry or a backup gun. It was named in honour of the original but does not share a design.
The .450 Adams was a British black powder centrefire revolver cartridge, initially used in converted Beaumont–Adams revolvers, in the late 1860s. Officially designated .450 Boxer Mk I, and also known variously as the .450 Revolver, .450 Colt, .450 Short, .450 Corto and .450 Mark III, and in America as the .45 Webley,it was the British Army's first centrefire revolver round.
The .450 was adopted for the Adams revolver in November 1868,and served until it was replaced in service in 1880.
This particular model is not is great condition but is suitable for refurbishment. Originally nickel finish, The nickel is 99% removed which is a testament to age. Nickel finish arms do not have a long life unless look after well. It has very worn proofs incl black powder and Birmingham.
Desert Eagle Magnum Research
The Desert Eagle (colloquially, sometimes Deagle) is a gas-operated, semi-automatic pistol known for chambering the .50 Action Express, the largest centerfire cartridge of any magazine-fed, self-loading pistol.
Magnum Research Inc. (MRI) designed and developed the Desert Eagle, the design was further refined by (and was also manufactured by) Israel Military Industries (IMI), until 1995, when MRI shifted the manufacturing contract to Saco Defense, in Saco, Maine. In 1998, MRI moved manufacturing back to IMI, which later commercialized its small arms branch under the name Israel Weapon Industries. Since December 2009, the Desert Eagle Pistol has been produced in the United States at MRI's Pillager, Minnesota, facility. Kahr Arms acquired Magnum Research in 2010.
Magnum Research has marketed various versions of the short recoil Jericho 941 pistol under the Baby Eagle and Desert Eagle Pistol names; these weapons are not directly related to the Desert Eagle but share a similar visual design.[4